Day 10 - Breaking the Yolk-sac

Sunday, January 10, 2016 0 Comments A+ a-


Sweet and short today's post will be!  I got back on track by breaking the Yolk-sac--that is to say I saw my second and final species of Yolk-sac for the year when a pair of Cold Yolk-sacs meandered past me on a short hike this morning.  I wanted to get back on track after yesterdays "off day" and figured I could tick this species off my year list with minimal effort, after a warm breakfast of real eggs, bacon, and potatoes.  The effort was a 2 mile round trip outing that took just 40 minutes and and netted me a handful of Yolk-sacs for the year.

As I made my way back to my car a flyover Killdeer (the real thing; no secret code) was my 74th year bird.  One more species and I'm 1/4 of the way to 300 on the year.  I expect if things go swimmingly for the next few months that could come as early as the end of May.  We'll see I guess.

New birds today: 2
Year List: 74

FOLLOW ALONG:

Next Day

Previous Day

I'm on a mission to see as many birds as I can in 2016... within the borders of my home state. The only catch is I'm not telling anyone that I'm doing a Big Year...