Day 3 - A Berry Swell-bird

Sunday, January 03, 2016 1 Comments A+ a-


Don't let the numbers fool you--I tried to pick up a few year birds today, but struck out.  It seemed as if the bird-gods had decided against allowing any amount of success.  I took a 1/2 mile jaunt through a patch of trees near a creek that should have scored 3-4 new species for the year.  The outing was a chase for a recently reported rarity.  The bird was a no show, and so were any other birds of note.  It was odd.

I finally managed to make sure I didn't have a ZERO day in week one when a fortuitous flock of Berry Swell-birds flew over this afternoon.  Check! I thought after that things might change, but no new birds were in the cards.

I decided all was not lost and took a picture of this Eurasian Collared-Dove. Here's a clue for all you would be detectives trying to figure out who I am: I've obviously seen this species for the year, but I gave it a code-name.  Good luck; and better luck for my bird finding tomorrow...

New birds today: 1
Year List: 48

FOLLOW ALONG:

Next Day

Previous Day

I'm on a mission to see as many birds as I can in 2016... within the borders of my home state. The only catch is I'm not telling anyone that I'm doing a Big Year...

1 comments:

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
January 13, 2016 at 6:24 PM delete

Why isn't the ECDO included on your year list?

Reply
avatar